- Raw Rice – 1 cup
- Jaggery – 2 cups
- Ghee – 2 tablespoons
- Cashew Nuts – 5 Nos
- Raisins – 5 Nos
- Cardamon powder – Half teaspoon
- Wash the rice, add three cups of water and pressure cook for three to four whistles.
- Put jaggery in a heavy bottomed vessel, add half cup water and bring to boil. When it starts boiling, remove from stove and strain it so that any mud and dust will be removed.
- Now open the pressure cooker and mash the rice with a ladle. Add the jaggery syrup to the rice and mix well. Keep it on the stove and stir continuously on medium flame till both rice and jaggery syrup mix well. Fry the cashew nuts broken into two pieces and raisins in a spoon of ghee and add to the rice mixture. Add remaining ghee and cardamom powder and mix thoroughly. Remove from stove.
- You can add one cup milk (milk 1 cup + water 2 cups) along with water while cooking rice. If you want less sweet, then you can reduce the jaggery to one or one and half cup.
- Also you can add one to two tablespoons of moong dhal (dry fry till light brown) along with rice and pressure cook and proceed as above.