- Potato – 2 Nos
- Green Peas – ½ cup
- Big onion (medium size) – 1 No
- Sambar Powder – 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – ¼ teaspoon
- Tomato – 1 No
- Lemon juice – ½ teaspoon
- Salt – 1 teaspoon or as per taste
Ingredients to grind:
- Coconut gratings – 2 tablespoon
- Khus Khus – 1 teaspoon
- Pottukadalai – 1 tablespoon
- Cashewnuts – 2 to 3 Nos
- Garlic cloves – 2 Nos
- Fresh ginger – 1 “ piece
- Green Chillies – 1 to 2 Nos
Ingredients for seasoning
- Oil – 2 tablespoons
- Fennel seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Cinnamon stick – 1 small piece
- Cardamon – 1
- Cloves – 2 Nos
- Cook potato till soft and remove the skin. Cut it into medium size pieces. Cook green peas and keep it aside.
- Chop onion and tomato finely.
- Grind Coconut gratings, Khus Khus, Pottukadalai, Cashewnuts, Garlic cloves, Fresh ginger, Green Chillies, together to a fine paste.
- In a kadai put the oil and when it is hot add cinnamon stick, cardamom, cloves and fennel seeds. When it is slightly fried, add chopped onion and fry till it turns transparent. Add tomato pieces along with salt and turmeric powder. Fry till tomato mashed well. Add sambar powder and stir it. Now add potato pieces and green peas and mix well. Add the ground paste. Mix once again everything well and add just enough water to cover the potato and peas. Close with a lid and cook till it starts boiling. Allow to boil for few more seconds and remove. Add lemon juice and mix well.
- Goes well with Mint (Pudina) Rice, Coconut Milk Rice, Ginger Rice or with any Indian Bread.