Peanut Poha patties are a healthy snack, It can be served as starter or as an evening snack. This peanut poha patties goes well with variety rice also.
- Roasted Peanut – 1 cup
- Poha (Aval) – thick variety – 1 cup
- Corn Flour – 2 tablespoons
- Onion – 1
- Fresh ginger – a small piece
- Red Chilli Powder – 1 teaspoon
- Cumin Powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Mint leaves – few
- Coriander leaves – few
- Oil – 2 tablespoons
- Salt – 1 teaspoon or as per taste
- Clean Poha with water and soak for ten to fifteen minutes.
- In a mixie jar add the roasted peanut and just grind the peanuts for two to three rounds to make it a coarse powder. Remove the ground peanut from the mixie and store it aside.
- Drain any excess water (if present) from the soaked poha. Now add the poha in the mixie jar and grind it for two to three rounds. Remove the ground poha and add it to the peanut powder.
- Chop onion, ginger, mint and coriander leaves finely and add it to the peanut poha mixture.
- Add corn flour, red chilli powder, cumin powder and salt. Sprinkle little water and mix everything well and make a thick dough.
- Grease your fingers with oil and take out a small lemon size dough and make round patties.
- Heat a tawa and add the oil. Arrange the patties in the tawa and cook it on medium flame till it is brown on one side. Turn the patties and cook the other side also.
- Remove the poha patties. The peanut poha patties are served with vegetable gratings or tomato ketchup.