- Besan flour – 2 cups
- Rice flour – 1 cup
- Chilli powder – 1 teaspoon
- Asafotida powder – 1 teaspoon
- Butter or Ghee – 3 tablespoons
- Salt – 1 and half teaspoon or as per taste
- Oil for deep frying
- Sieve both besan and rice flour. Put it in a broad vessel.
- Add chilli powder, asafetida, butter and salt and mix by hand. Then add water little by little and make a dough.
- Take small quantity of dough and put it in the Murukku Press with Ribbon Pakoda plate and squeeze it in circular motion directly to the hot oil.
- Fry till it becomes crispy and nice golden yellow and not too brown. Take out from oil and store it in a airtight container.
Note:You can add a teaspoon of white til seeds in the flour. Instead of chilli powder, you can use pepper powder also. Instead of ghee/butter, you can add a laddle of hot oil in the flour and make the dough.
Instead of adding more besan flour, we can use 2 cups rice flour and one cup besan also. There is no hard and fast rule for ratio of flours for this pakoda. We can use rice flour and pottu kadalai powder also.