- Potato (Medium size) – 2 Nos
- Carrot (Medium size) – 2 Nos
- Onion – 1 No
- Garlic cloves (small size) – 2 Nos
- Butter or Olive Oil – 1 tablespoon
- Bay Leaf – 1 No
- Water – 4 to 5 cups
- Pepper Powder and Salt – As required
- Wash and peel the skin from potato and carrot and cut it into small cubes. You will need two cups each of diced potato and carrot.
- Chop the onion finely.
- In a pressure cooker put the butter or olive oil (you can also use any cooking oil – except gingelly oil) and add chopped onion and saute it till its raw smell goes. Add garlic cloves, diced potatoes and carrots and again saute it for two minutes on low flame. Add 4 to 5 cups of water along with the bay leaf. Cover with lid and pressure cook for 3 whistles. After few minutes open the lid and remove the bay leaf. Using a hand blender, blend it well. Sprinkle pepper powder and salt.
- Serve with Wheat bread.
- Note: If you use mixie for blending, you have to wait the content to cool down. In such case, you can strain the water and keep it aside. Put the remaining potato and carrot pieces in the mixie and grind it to a fine paste. Put the this paste and the strained water in a vessel and mix it well. Heat it (do not allow to boil) for few seconds and serve.