- Green Gram Dhal – 1 cup
- Wheat flour – 1 cup
- Sugar – 2 cups
- Kesari powder – 2 to 3 pinches
- Ghee – 1 cup
- Cardomoms – 8 (powdered)
- Cashewnuts – 10 to 15 (broken into bits and fried in ghee)
- Wash the dhal and cook in enough water till soft. Mash it.
- In a kadai pour one or two tablespoon ghee and when it is hot add the wheat flour and fry till nice aroma comes out.
- Add the cooked dhal, kesari powder and mix well. Allow to cook in a medium flame.
- Add sugar and stir well.
- Add ghee little by little and keep stirring.
- When it leaves the sides of the kadai, add cardamom powder, fried cashew nuts and the remaining ghee and stir well.
- Now remove from stove. Transfer to a greased bowl.