- Green Gram Dal (Moong Dal) – 1 cup
- Wheat flour – 1 cup
- Sugar – 2 cups
- Ghee – 1 cup
- Orange/Red food colour – few drops
- Cardomoms – 8 (powdered)
- Cashewnuts – 10 to 15 (broken into bits and fried in ghee)
- In a kadai put the dal and dry fry for few minutes. Remove it before it changes its colour. Pressure cook the dal in enough water (2 cups water approx.) till soft. Mash the cooked dal nicely. Mashed dal should be of semi liquid consistency.
- In a kadai pour one or two tablespoon ghee and when it is hot add the wheat flour and fry till nice aroma comes out.
- Add the cooked dal and mix well. Allow to cook in a medium flame.
- Add sugar and stir well.
- Add food colour and mix well.
- Add ghee little by little and keep stirring.
- When it leaves the sides of the kadai, add cardamom powder, fried cashew nuts and the remaining ghee and stir well.
- Now remove from stove. Transfer to a greased bowl.