- Fully riped Mango – 1 No (big size)
- Rawa – 3/4 cup
- Sugar – 3/4 cup
- Ghee – 1/2 cup
- Cashewnuts – few
- Cardamom powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Remove the skin from Mango and cut it into medium size pieces. Put it in a mixie and grind to a fine paste. The paste should be one to one and half cups. The given ingredients are for one and half cup mango pulp. If you use more or less pulp, accordingly increase or decrease the quantity of other ingredients.
- In a kadai put the rawa and fry till it is hot to touch. Cool it and grind to a fine powder. Also grind the sugar into a fine powder.
- In a thick bottomed vessel, put a tablelspoon of ghee and fry the cashew nuts. Remove and keep it separately. Same vessel add the mango pulp and fry for one to two minutes on low flame. Then add ground rawa and sugar and mix thoroughly. Add ghee little by little and stir continuously till it is thick like halwa and leaves the sides of the vessel. Add fried cashew nuts and cardamom powder. Mix it well and transfer it to a greased plate and level it.
- Cut it into squares or any other desired shape.
- Or put the halwa in a greased bowl and serve as it is.