- Milk – 1 cup
- Sugar – 2 cups
- Coconut gratings – 3 cups
- Cardamom Powder – ½ teaspoon
- Put milk, sugar and coconut gratings in a heavy bottomed kadai (non-stick preferable) and keep it on the stove. Keep the flame to medium and stir continuously till it thickens and become solid. (It took nearly 20 minutes for me to reach this stage on medium flame). Add cardmom powder and mix well. ( If you wish, you can add few drops of desired colour and essence at this stage).Transfer it to a greased plate and level it.
- Cut it into desired shape.
- For the above quantity, we will get 10 to 12 pieces.
- Note: You can also prepare this in Microwave Oven. (Ensure to take out the vessel from microwave oven now and then and stir well and put it back in the Oven till you get thick consistency).