- Chow Chow – 1 No
- Green Gram Dhal – ½ cup
- Sambar powder – 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – a pinch
- Salt – ½ teaspoon
- Oil – 1 teaspoon
- Mustard – ½ teaspoon
- Curry leaves – few
- Sambar Onion – 2 Nos
- Cook Green gram dhal along with a pinch of turmeric powder in open vessel till soft.
- Peel the skin from chow chow and cut into small pieces.
- Add the cut chow chow pieces in a vessel and just add enough water to cover the vegetable.
- Add sambar powder, turmeric and salt and cook till the vegetables are soft. Add the cooked dhal. Allow to boil.
- Season it with mustard, curry leaves and chopped onion.