Keerai (Greens) – 1 bunch
- Green Gram Dhal – ½ cup
- Garlic flakes – 10 Nos
- Onion (Medium size) – 1 No
- Tomato (Medium size) – 1 No
- Green Chillies – 2
- Jeera – 1 tablespoon
- Turmeric powder – a pinch
- Salt – 1 teaspoon or as per taste
- Soak green gram dhal in water for about half an hour.
- Wash and chop the greens. Chop onion and tomato finely. Slit the green chillies lengthwise.
- Put soaked dhal, chopped greens, onion, tomato, green chillies, garlic flakes, jeera, turmeric powder and salt in a pressure cooker and add half cup water. Cook for only one whistle. Remove and mash it nicely.
- No need for any seasoning. Have it with hot rice.
- Note: You can cook it on open vessel also. Do not overcook. If you wish you can season it with little mustard and urad dhal. When serving with hot rice, you can add a teaspoon of ghee in the rice.