- Keerai- 1 bunch – (You can use any greens)
- Green Gram dhal – ½ cup
- Mustard seeds- 1 tsp
- Onion – 1/2 chopped finely
- Sambar powder- 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder- ½ tsp
- Coconut gratings – 1 tablespoon
- Jeera – 1 tsp
- Oil- 2 tsp
- Salt – ½ teaspoon
- Cook green gram dhal till soft.
- Remove the roots and wash the keerai thoroughly. Chop the keerai finely.
- Place the chopped keerai in a thick bottomed vessel. Add salt, sambar powder and turmeric powder. Close it with a lid. Cook the keerai in slow flame. No need to add water since the keerai will cook in its own water content. When the keerai is cooked, add cooked dhal mashed nicely.
- Grind coconut and jeera to a paste and add this also to the keerai. Add little water and make it semi liquid. Allow to boil. Season it with mustard and chopped onion.