Mango PachadiCourse: Pachadi(Salad)Cuisine: TamilDifficulty: Easy
A sweet dish usually made for festivals and special occasions.
Mango (raw) – 1 big size
Jaggery powdered – 1/2 cup
Sambar Powder – 1 teaspoon
Turmeric powder – a pinch
Salt – a pinch
Oil – 1 teaspoon
Mustard – 1/2 teaspoon
Curry leaves – few
- Remove the skin from the mango. Slice it into medium size.
- Put all the mango slices in a heavy bottomed vessel. Add sambar powder, turmeric powder and salt. Add little water just to cover the mangoes.
- Cook it in a medium flame till the mango slices are soft.
- Now mash the cooked mango. Add jaggery powder. (You can increase or decrease the quantity depends upon the sourness of the mango).
- Allow to cook till the jaggery melts and blends well with mangoes. Heat the oil and add mustard seeds. When the mustard seed pops up, add curry leaves and pour over to the mangoes.