- Besan flour – 1 cup
- Potato (medium size) – 1
- Onion (medium size) – 1
- Pomegranate Pearls – 1/2 cup
- Green Chilly – 1 or 2
- Coriander and curry leaves – few
- Black Pepper – 1 teaspoon
- Salt – 1/2 teaspoon or as per taste
- Oil – for frying
- Wash potato and chop it finely with the skin. Chop onion, green chilli, coriander leaves and curry leaves finely. Coarsely powder the black pepper.
- In a broad vessel put the besan. Add all the other ingredients viz., chopped potato, onion, green chilli, coriander leaves, curry leaves, pomegranate pearls, pepper powder and salt. Mix well. Sprinkle water little by little and make a soft dough (softer than chapati dough).
- Heat oil in a Kadai. Take a lump of the dough, pinch it with your fingers to small size and drop it the hot oil. Fry till it become golden brown.
- Serve with tomato sauce or ketchup.
- This Pakoda can also be added to Pakoda Kurma or to Mor Kuzhambu.
- Note: Normally dried pomegranate seeds are added for flavor. Adding fresh pomegranate pearls gives a sweet taste and nice flavour too. But take care while frying and stay little away from the Frying Pan since the fresh pomegranate pearls tend to burst slightly. It is crisp while hot and become soft after sometime. So serve immediately after frying. Or use it in Kurma or Mor Kuzhambu.