The original recipe is from Tarla Dalal cookbook. But I used carrots instead of potatoes and with slight modification in the ingredients, I prepared this soup and it is quite good for winter evening.
Vegetable SoupCourse: SoupsCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Easy
A simple soup served during cold winter season
Tomatos fully riped (medium size) – 3 Nos
Big onion (medium size) – 1 No
Carrot (Big size) – 2 Nos
Chopped cabbage – 1/2 cup
Cucumber (small size) – 1/2
Soaked and cooked rajma – 2 tablespoons (Optional)
Olive Oil – 1 tablespoon
Pepper Power and salt – as per taste
- Chop two tomatoes, half onion finely.
- Peel carrot and cut it into small cubes.
- Combine all the three and put it in a pressure cooker. Add three cups of water and pressure cook for two to three whistles.
- Once the cooker is cooled, open the lid and drain the water and keep this water aside.
- Grind the cooked carrot, tomato and onion pieces to a smooth puree.
- Add this puree to the drained water and mix well. Keep aside.
- Cut the third tomato into medium size pieces. Cut cucumber into bite size pieces. Chop the remaining half onion finely.
- Heat the oil in a kadai and add the chopped onion and fry till it become transparent.
- Add cabbage and saute for a minute.
- Then add cucumber and tomato pieces along with cooked rajma, salt and pepper powder and mix well. Add half cup water and bring to boil.
- When it starts boiling, add the carrot puree, stir well and allow to boil once again and remove.
- Sprinkle little pepper and salt and serve with bread sticks.