- Tomatos fully riped (medium size) – 3 Nos
- Big onion (medium size) – 1 No
- Carrot (Big size) – 2 Nos
- Chopped cabbage – 1/2 cup
- Cucumber (small size) – 1/2
- Soaked and cooked rajma – 2 tablespoons (Optional)
- Olive Oil – 1 tablespoon
- Pepper Power and salt – as per taste
The original recipe is from Tarla Dalal cookbook. But I used carrots instead of potatos and with slight modification in the ingredients, I prepared this soup and it is quite good for winter evening.
- Chop two tomatos, half onion finely. Peel carrot and cut it into small cubes. Combine all the three and put it in a pressure cooker. Add three cups of water and pressure cook for two to three whistles. Once the cooker is cooled, open the lid and drain the water and keep this water aside. Grind the cooked carrot, tomato and onion pieces to a smooth puree. Add this puree to the drained water and mix well. Keep aside.
- Cut the third tomato into medium size pieces. Cut cucumber into bite size pieces. Chop the remaining half onion finely.
- Heat the oil in a kadai and add the chopped onion and fry till it become transparent. Add cabbage and saute for a minute. Then add cucumber and tomato pieces along with cooked rajma, salt and pepper powder and mix well. Add half cup water and bring to boil. When it starts boiling, add the carrot puree, stir well and allow to boil once again and remove.
- Sprinkle little pepper and salt and serve with bread sticks.