- Aval (Poha) – 1 cup
- Jaggery – 1/2 cup
- Coconut gratings – 1/4 cup
- Cardamom Powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Cashew nuts – 10 Nos
- Ghee – 4 teaspoon
- Dry fry the poha in a kadai till it turns light brown. Cool and grind it to a fine powder. Put this powder in a big bowl and sprinkle little warm water and mix well. If you hold the flour in your palm and press, it should be like a ball and put it back, it should fall loosely like puttu flour. Keep aside.
- In another vessel, put the jaggery and add ¼ cup water and bring to boil. Remove and strain it. Again put it back on the stove and allow to boil for five minutes or till reaches one string consistency. Add coconut gratings and the poha powder and immediately switch off the stove. Mix well. Add cardamom powder, ghee and fried cashew nuts and once again mix well. Keep it covered for atleast half-an-hour.
- Also See: Aval Upma, Tamarind Aval Upma, Aval (Poha) Kesari