Cabbage chopped finely – 1 medium bowl
- green peas – 1/2 cup
- Tamarind juice – 2 to 3 tablespoon
- Green Gram Dhal – 1/4 cup
- Turmeric powder – a pinch
</p> <p><em>To grind:</em></p> <p>
Coconut gratings – 2 tablespoon
- Coriander Seeds – 1 tablespoon
- Red Chillies – 2 Nos
- Pepper – 1 teaspoon
Onion – 1 No
- Green Chillies – 2
- Curry Leaves – few
- Oil – 1 tablespoon
- Mustard – 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt – 1 teaspoon or as per taste
- Cook green gram dhal along with turmeric powder till soft.
- Chop the onion finely. Slit green chillies lengthwise.
- In a teaspoon of oil, fry red chillies, coriander seeds, pepper and coconut gratings and grind to a fine paste.
- In a kadai put the oil and when it is hot add mustard seeds. When it pops up add chopped onion, slit green chillies and curry leaves and fry till onion turns transparant. Add green peas and fry for a while. Then add cabbage pieces and mix well. Add ground paste, salt and little water and stir well. Close with a lid and cook on low flame till the cabbage is cooked soft. Add tamarind juice and cooked dhal. Stir well. Allow to cook for few more minutes.
- Remove and serve with hot rice.