- Carrot – 1
- Capsicum – 1
- Green Peas – 1/2 cup
- French Beans – 5 to 6
- Onion – 1
- Moong Dal (Pasi Payaru) – 1 tablespoon
- Sambar powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – a pinch
- Oil – 2 teaspoons
- Mustard – 1/2 teaspoon
- Urad Dal – 1 teaspoon
- Red Chillies – 2
- Asafotida powder – a pinch
- Curry leaves – few
- Salt – 1 teaspoon or as per taste
- Soak Moong Dal in water for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Wash and remove the skin from carrot and cut it into small pieces.
- Cut the beans and capsicumalso to small pieces.
- Chop onion finely.
- In a kadai put the oil and when it is hot add mustard. When it pops up add Urad dal, asafotida powder, red chillies and curry leaves. Add chopped onion and fry for few seconds. Then add the carrot, beans, green peas and soaked moong dal along with sambar powder, turmeric and salt. Mix well. Sprinkle one or two handful of water and cover with lid.
- Cook on low flame till the vegetables are half cooked.
- Now add capsicum pieces and stir well.
- Close with a lid and cook till all the vegetables are soft and dry.
Note: You can add a tablespoon of fresh coconut gratings at the end. Also you can add any other vegetables like cauliflower, cabbage etc.