Agathi Keerai CharuCourse: Rasam/CharuCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Easy
Agathi Keerai – a small bunch
Onion – 1
Green Chillies – 2
Jeera – 1 teaspoon
Coconut – 2 tablespoon
Oil – 1 teaspoon
Mustard – 1/2 teaspoon
Salt – 1/2 teaspoon
- Cut off the stem from the branches.
- Chop onion and green chillies finely.
- In a wok add the oil and when it is hot add mustard.
- When the mustard pops up add chopped onion and green chillies.
- Fry for two minutes. Add the greens (keerai) after washing it well.
- Add jeera and salt along with a a cup of water.
- Cook on low flame with the lid closed until it is cooked.
- Grind the coconut into a fine paste and add to the greens.
- Mix well and allow to boil for further two to three minutes.
- Instead of plain water, you can add a cup of “rice water”. “Rice Water” is the water drained after washing the rice before cooking. It is called in Tamil as “Arisi Kazhuviya Thanneer” – “அரிசி கழுவிய தண்ணீர்”.
Excellant; it remembers the recipe of my mother. Thanks.
Thank you Baba.
please tell me English name….
English name: Hummingbird Tree Leaves, august tree leaves, Botanical name: Sesbania grandiflora, Sanskrit name: Agasthiya, Tamil name: Agathi Keerai
Please tell me in
It is “Avise” in Telugu