Mango PachadiCourse: Pachadi(Salad)Cuisine: TamilDifficulty: Easy
A sweet dish usually made for festivals and special occasions.
Mango (raw) – 1 big size
Jaggery powdered – 1/2 cup
Sambar Powder – 1 teaspoon
Turmeric powder – a pinch
Salt – a pinch
Oil – 1 teaspoon
Mustard – 1/2 teaspoon
Curry leaves – few
- Remove the skin from the mango. Slice it into medium size.
- Put all the mango slices in a heavy bottomed vessel. Add sambar powder, turmeric powder and salt. Add little water just to cover the mangoes.
- Cook it in a medium flame till the mango slices are soft.
- Now mash the cooked mango. Add jaggery powder. (You can increase or decrease the quantity depends upon the sourness of the mango).
- Allow to cook till the jaggery melts and blends well with mangoes. Heat the oil and add mustard seeds. When the mustard seed pops up, add curry leaves and pour over to the mangoes.
Pingback: Kamala's Corner – Chithirai Thirunal
Pingback: Kamala's Corner – Neem Flower (Veppam Poo)
Pingback: Kamala's Corner – Raw Mango - Kamala's Corner
My mother always prepares it with green chilli. First time I am seeing that sambar powder can be used… Does it taste different?
Hi Sageetha Sarathy,
We can add green chilli too. I add sambar podi for “Karam” since it will blend well with the pachadi. Not much difference in the taste. The taste of this pachadi is sweet, sour and spicy.
I tried your mango pachadi today and its awesome.. I didn’t hae jiggery at home so tried it sugar and it came out well.. Thank u very much for sharing your cookng skills with us…
Thank you for your kind feed back.
Pingback: Tamil New Year is on 14th April 2016 - Kamala's Corner
Hi mam, your dish is super and very useful for new cooking people. Thanks for your dosh
Hi mam, your dish are very simple and easy to cook.Thanks for your dosh
Great recipe loved by all, so simple to make and tasty.
Hi amma.. vanakkam.. how r u..
Are you posting now.. ur recipes are great and very helpful to each girl