- Potato (big size) – 2
- Onion – 1
- Red Chilli powder – 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Sombu (fennel seeds) – 1 teaspoon
- Ginger and garlic paste – 1 teaspoon
- Green Chillies – 2
- Curry leaves – few
- Oil – 2 tablespoon
- Salt – 1 teaspoon or as per taste
- Curd – 1/2 cup
- Pressure cook potatos for one to two whistles or till it is three fourth cooked. Cool and remove the skin. Cut it into medium size pieces.
- Chop onion finely. Slit green chillies into two.
- In a kadai put the oil and when it is hot add sombu (fennel seeds), curry leaves, chopped onion and fry for a while. Add ginger garlic paste and fry till its raw smell disappear. Then add potato pieces and mix well. Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt. Mix it and add very little water (say about 1/4 cup). Add few fresh curry leaves and coriander leaves. Close with lid and allow to cook in a medium flame till the potatos are soft. Add slit green chillies and mix. Then add curd and stir well. Cook it on low flame for few more seconds or till everything blends well.
- Can be served with any Indian Bread or hot rice. Goes well with “Maida Puri”.