- Green Gram Dhal (Moong) – 1 cup
- Urad Dhal – 1/2 cup
- Fresh Ginger – a small piece
- Green Chillies – 4 to 5
- Cumin (Jeeragam) – 1 teaspoon
- Curd – 3 cups or as required
- Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt – 1 teaspoon or as per taste
- Oil – for deep frying
- Soak both the dhals for 2 hours. Wash and drain the water completely. Add ginger, green chillies, cumin and salt and grind it to a fine paste.
- Boil 5 to 6 cups of water in a broad vessel and keept it aside.
- Heat oil in a kadai. Wet your hand and take lemon size paste and drop it in the hot oil. Fry till it become golden brown. Remove and put it in the hot water. Let it soak in the hot water till it become soft touch. Remove and gently squeeze out the excess water. Arrange it in a plate or broad vessel. Beat the curd and add salt and pour over the bondas. Sprinkle red chilli powder and serve.