- Red Chillies – 5 to 6
- Coriander Seeds – 2 teaspoons
- Bengal Gran Dhal – 1 tablespoon
- Urad Dhal – 1 tablespoon
- Salt – 1/2 teaspoon or as per taste
- In a kadai put the bengal gram dhal and urad dhal and dry fry till it become light brown. Remove and then add coriander seeds and dry fry till it starts crackling. Remove it from the kadai. Finally put the red chillies and salt and again dry fry for few seconds and remove. Cool it and grind all the fried ingredients to a powder.
- This Podi (powder) can be used in Sundal. When you make sundal, at the end add one or two teaspoons of this powder and mix it well and add fresh coconut gratings.
- Or you can add coconut gratings (dry fry or use copra) and grind along with other ingredients.
- But if you do not add coconut, this powder can be stored for long period.