- Keerai (Any green) – 1 bunch
- Big onion – 1
- Tomato – 1
- Sambar Powder – 1 teaspoon (heaped)
- Turmeric Powder – ¼ teaspoon
- Garam Masala Powder – ¼ teaspoon
- Ginger garlic paste – ½ teaspoon
- Besan flour – 1 cup
- Salt – 1 teaspoon or as per taste
- Oil – five to six tablespoons
- Wash and chop the greens into tiny bits. Chop onion and tomato finely.
- In a kadai put two to three teaspoons of oil. When it is hot add chopped onion and fry for a while. Add ginger garlic paste and stir well. Then add tomato pieces and fry till it mashed well. Add sambar powder, turmeric, garam masala and salt and mix well. Then add chopped greens and just mix it for a second. Switch off the stove and remove. When it is warm enough to handle, add besan flour little by little and mix by hand and make a dough. Take lemon size dough and make a ball and flatten it slightly. Heat tawa and grease it with little oil. Arrange the cutlets on the tawa and pour one or two teaspoons of oil around it. Keep it on medium flame. Turn the cutlets gently after few minutes and allow to cook for other side. Repeat this till the cutlets are crispy and nice brown colour.
- Can be served as a side dish to any rice varieties. Particularly goes well with rasam sadam or sambar sadam.