- Oats flakes – 2 cups (Readily available in shops as oat meal)
- Onion big – 1 No chopped finely
- Carrot – 1 No (cut it into small pieces)
- Green Peas – 1/2 cup
- Green chillies – 3 to 4 chopped finely
- Fresh ginger – a small piece – chopped finely
- Ground Nut – 2 tablespoon
- Oil – 2 tablespoon
- Mustard – ½ teaspoon
- Urad dhal – 2 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – a pinch
- Asafotida powder – a pinch
- Curry leaves – few
- Salt – 1 teaspoon
- In a dry kadai put the oats flakes and fry without any oil till it become hot to touch. Remove and keep aside.
- Cook carrot and green peas slightly.
- Put oil in the kadai and when it is hot, add mustard. When it pops up add urad dhal and asafetida powder, turmeric powder and fry till the urad turns light brown. Add ground nuts. Fry for a while. Add chopped onion, chillies, curry leaves and ginger and sauté for few minutes. Then add carrot and green peas and fry for a second. Now add the fried oats flakes and mix well. Add salt and sprinkle two handful of water. Cover with lid. Keep the flame low. Stir now and then till all blends well.